Are you also struggling with the skin problems in the changing winter season.
The cold air low humidity and dry indoor heat can leave your skin a little less radiant than normal not only your face but also your hands and feet are exposed.
There are some steps to keep your skin look healthy and radiant and glowing even in the harsh winter season.
Signs of dry skin
Some of the most common Signs and Symptoms of dry skin in winters include.
- Cracks in your skin
- Flakiness and scaliness
- Rough texture
- Raw irritated skin
- Stinging or burning
Xerosis is the medical term used for dry skin. The areas of your body may look different depending on the area and the severity.
How to Prevent Dry Skin in Winters
Dry skin in winters is very natural, by making some change in your lifestyle and your skin care routine you can overcome your skin problems in just a few minutes, by which you will be able to make your skin look soft smooth and vibrant all long winter.
Let’s have a look at some of these health boosting tips that can help you in your winter season.
1- Moisturize right after washing – anytime after you wash your hands your face your body or any part of your any part of your body, the first thing that you have to do is to moisturize it with natural oils, because this natural oils help to lock in moisture and will be long lasting.
Some of the Moisturizers may help you in the winter season to keep your skin and body healthy are :-
- NIVEA Soft Moisturizing Creme – This nourishing hand and body cream contains both vitamin E and jojoba oil. Its lightweight formula allows it to absorb quickly into your skin.
- CeraVe Daily Moisturizing Lotion for Dry Skin – Developed by dermatologists, this moisturizer includes three essential ceramides and hyaluronic acid to hydrate your skin and protect your skin’s moisture barrier.
- Infinite Aloe Complete Skin Care, Aloe Powered Face & Body Cream – With organic aloe Vera as the first ingredient, aloe as the cream base, and dozens of natural ingredients included, whether its after sun lotion, daily cream or nightly moisturizer, you are covered with this all in one aloe skin care lotion.
2- Apply sunscreen daily – although there is a less amount of sunlight that reaches you in the winter season but even then there are chances that your skin gets in touch with the UV Radiations. But in this less amount the harmful UV radiation can still stress your skin moisture barriers, that is vital for maintaining skin health and hydration.
All you need to do is at a little layer of sunscreen each morning after you have applied your moisturizer.
Here are some Sunscreens that may help your skin to get protected by The UV Radiation:-
- EltaMD UV Elements SPF 44 Tinted Moisturizer – Oil-free EltaMD UV Elements facial sunscreen is a physical sunscreen in a tinted, moisturizing base. Zinc oxide and titanium dioxide provide mineral-based sun protection in a moisturizing and water-resistant formula.
- TiZO3 Facial Mineral Sunscreen and Primer – Sheer tint mineral sunscreen for the face provides broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection. Lightweight coverage with a silky matte finish. Use under makeup or alone
- Colorescience Total Protection Face Shield Flex – Available in four uniquely flexible shades for a range of skin tones, this all-mineral formula SPF 50 features innovative, tone-adapting pigments that offer medium, buildable color coverage with a natural finish.
3- Use overnight treatments– Overnight treatments are an excellent and very helpful way to prevent your dry skin in winters. You can apply them daily, As you apply your moisturizers or your treatment in the night your skin has a lot of time to absorb the motion and retained it in the skin.
Some of the Overnight treatment you can use are :-
- Neocutis Bio Cream Overnight Smoothing Cream – A multitasking NEOCUTIS favorite, BIO CREAM does double duty as an anti-aging and post-procedure cream. High content growth factors (0.05%) smooth fine lines and wrinkles, improve skin tone and texture, and renew skin suppleness.
- CeraVe Vitamin C Serum and Night Cream Skin Care – CeraVe Skin Renewing Night Cream helps renew the look of tired skin overnight and helps reduce the look of fine lines and wrinkles while supporting skin elasticity.
- ELEMIS Pro-Definition Night Cream – This lift effect firming night cream is formulated with a powerful blend of gardenia stem cells, arjuna and lupin to reduce the appearance of sagging jowls, cheeks and chin.
4- Schedule your skin care – If your face or your skin is likely to be sensitive or irritated in the winter season you may consider simplifying your skin care routines for the time. Your skin moisture barriers need to be really healthy and free from harmful chemicals, try to keep a very simple and schedule skin care routine and use just cleansers and moisturizers for most of the time.
5- Don’t be Harsh on the skin– When you use you scrubs while bathing and cleaning yourself to remove your dead skin, all you need to do is to be a little gentle. Its okay if your skin is in a good condition , but when the skin is already cracked and irritated try to avoid rubbing or harshly cleaning it.
6- Use Natural Products – The most effective products that you can use on your skin are the natural products, natural oils and natural moisturizers can give the best results for your body that your require for this winter season.
Natural products may include plant based oil and natural milk like almond milk and coconut by products.
7- Keep Yourself Hydrated – As you may have already heard a number of times and is a very valid and important point that all the solutions to any of your health problems is water, yes water can contribute to make a lot of healthy changes in your body and can promote your skin to be healthy and glow.
8- Keep your Skin Covered – Winters come along with a lot clothes and body covering, and it is very important, stepping outside you must keep in mind to first take care of skin by using moisturisers and then cover your body with woolen gloves and gloves and socks. It may help your skin glow and be Healthy.
Having read about these methods or suggestions you must have a clear picture on how you are going to take care of your skin and protect it, but in case your skin is still not feeling healthy it is time for you to see a dermatologist.